With over 20 years’ experience in providing legal aid services and seeking justice in the courts against the police, our team of specialist solicitors is amongst the leading firms in the country in this area of law.
Our solicitors are members of the Police Action Lawyers Group (PALG) which is a specialist national group for solicitors who handle action against the police.
If you believe you have been mistreated by the police, or another public authority including the prison service, or are the victim of misconduct, you may be able to bring a legal action.
Before bringing any action, you should maybe consider completing the relevant online complaints procedure in the first instance. We would be happy to discuss these options with you, and can support and guide you through the process, ensuring your case is presented in the best possible way.
• Been the victim of an unlawful arrest?
• Been kept in custody without good reason or for longer than necessary?
• Been subject to racist abuse or discrimination?
• Been the victim of the use of unreasonable force?
• Been wrongfully accused or prosecuted without any evidence?
• Has or had a prosecution commenced against you on the basis of malicious evidence provided by an individual(s), whether or not the prosecution reached trial?
• Has a public officer maliciously (by either act or omission) acted in bad faith and caused you damage?
• Have your human rights been breached?
If any of the above applies to you, then we may be able to help.