When it comes to matters concerning children and care, Russell & Co understand the emotional turmoil this can create.  Our two highly experienced children law solicitors are both on the Children Panel, accredited by the Law Society.

Private Law

When parents separate, the first consideration should be the welfare of the children and the short and longer term arrangements made in their best interests.  We can help you make formal arrangements for the children, negotiate arrangements and, when disputes arise, make the necessary applications to the court, sometimes on an urgent basis.

Whatever the situation, taking advice early on can save heartache later on.

We can assist with negotiating:

  • Where the child should live
  • How often the child will see a parent
  • Child Arrangement Orders
  • Prohibitive Steps Orders
  • Specific issue orders
  • Maintenance issues

Public Law

Children matters involving the Local Authority and Social Services can be traumatic, highly sensitive and extremely complex.  If you are in this situation, you will need the best legal advice available as quickly as possible. Bally Sandhu and her team specialise in this area of law and are ready to meet with you to determine where you and your family stand and what can be done to get you the best result possible.

Legal Aid is available and, depending on the nature of your case, you may be eligible irrespective of your earnings levels, but we will clarify this with you at our first meeting.

So, if the Local Authority are involved with your family and:

  • Convening case conferences/Public Law outline meetings
  • Applying to the court for an Emergency Protection Order
  • Applying to the court for an Interim Care Order/Care Order/Supervision Order
  • Applying to the court for a Placement Order


If you are looking for help with contact with a child in care, we can help you.

Contact Bally or Kim on 01684 892000 to make an appointment.